The Hong Kong Guitar Duet
Duo Concert aims to nurture Hong Kong’s young guitarists to advance their musicianship with ease without the pressure as faced by most instrumental soloists.
Through this concert scheme, we hope the young guitarists can unify the music, the guitar, the skills, the body, and finally the spirit as a whole in the very soon future.
We join together as we believe the following doctrines:
- Everyone is born with musical ability. It can either be nurtured or squandered.
- Researches in child development have identified music as one of the seven intelligences, just as important as linguistic and logical-mathematical intelligences.
- Music provides an avenue for creativity and self-expression.
- One who learns to play an instrument learns discipline and how to cooperate with others.
- Participation in music adds richness to the quality of life.